On July 6, 2023, Express Entry draw #255 was announced for the Health Care Occupations stream, marking the second draw since the introduction of the new categories-based selection system. In this blog post, we will discuss the details of the Health Care Occupations Express Entry Draw, including the number of invitations issued, eligibility criteria, and strategies to improve your CRS score.
Details of the Health Care Occupations Draw :
- Number of invitations issued: 1,500
- Rank required to be invited to apply: 1,500 or above
- Date and time of round: July 06, 2023 14:25:05 UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 463
- Tie-breaking rule: June 19, 2023 06:41:05 UTC
What are the Eligible Occupations are in Health Care Stream?
|Occupation||NOC 2021||TEER 2021|
|Audiologists and speech-language pathologists||31112||1|
|Dieticians and nutritionists||31121||1|
|General practitioners and family physicians||31102||1|
|Instructors of persons with disabilities||42203||2|
|Kinesiologists and other professional occupations in therapy and assessment||31204||1|
|Licensed practical nurses||32101||2|
|Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations||33101||3|
|Medical laboratory technologists||32120||2|
|Medical radiation technologists||32121||2|
|Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates||33102||3|
|Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors||31300||1|
|Other assisting occupations in support of health services||33109||3|
|Other practitioners of natural healing||32209||2|
|Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating||31209||1|
|Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment||32109||2|
|Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants||33103||3|
|Physician assistants, midwives, and allied health professionals||31303||1|
|Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses||31301||1|
|Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists, and cardiopulmonary technologists||32103||2|
|Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine||31100||1|
|Specialists in surgery||31101||1|
|Therapists in counseling and related specialized therapies||41301||1|
|Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists||32200||2|
What is Eligibility for the Health Care Occupations Stream ?
- To be eligible for the Healthcare Occupations Category, your occupation must be listed in the category’s occupation list.
- Applicant must have at least 6 months of continuous work experience in the last 3 years, either in Canada or abroad.
- Meet the minimum criteria of one of the three immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
What are the other Categories in included in Categories Based Selection ?
The Categories-Based Selection system includes below categories to facilitate immigration. These categories are:
- French-language proficiency
- Healthcare occupations
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations
- Trade occupations
- Transport occupations
- Agriculture and agri-food occupations
When will the Next Express Entry Draw be Held?
Express Entry draws are typically held bi-weekly, but since June 27 2023, IRCC has been conducting new rounds of invitations every week, including occupation-specific draws. The next draw is expected to take place between July 11 and 13, and it could be a NO program specified draw, occupation-specific, or a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draw.
How to Increase CRS score for Express Entry?
- Improve your English and French language test scores.
- Gain more work experience in your field of expertise.
- Explore Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) and consider moving to provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan, which offer easier pathways to permanent residency through the PNP, resulting in a significant CRS score boost if approved.
- If you are able to speak French and obtaining excellent scores on the French language test can give a substantial boost to your CRS score.
- If you are married, your spouse’s educational credentials and language test scores can also contribute to an increased CRS score.
Express Entry draw #255 for the Health Care stream has provided 1,500 candidates with an invitation to apply for permanent residency in Canada. By understanding the eligibility requirements and implementing strategies to improve your CRS score, you can increase your chances of receiving an invitation in future draws. Stay updated with the latest information and be prepared for the next Express Entry draw.